P5 - Calling: Old Testament
These exemplar narratives follow the core learning chosen by the Trinity and the St Ambrose cluster group/working group and contained in the diocesan planning exemplars:
P5 Calling and Response: Old Testament short version (click to open)
P5 Calling and Response: Old Testament long version (click to open)
Click to listen to a podcast, aimed at teachers, about Journey motifs in the Old Testament, especially Abraham
Exemplar narrative 1:
Some suggested activities:
- Intro - Audio visual of Abraham (OT) family info. Timeline BC/AD
- Children's version of OT (pictures, preps)
- Drama - hot seat/ Bible story cut into sections - act out scene.
- Lang - Acrostic Poem
- ICT -Newspaper/website report (modern setting)
- Art - Artistic work from that period.
(Editor note: the working group ran out of time, and a few more approaches to core learning would be needed to complete the theme)
Write - Note taking while listening to OT story (notes to be used in other activites).
Say - Drama; To adopt the role of different characters from Bible story.
- Presenting their learning through personal talks.
Make - Videoclips from play dough models "Sam Animation"
- Sequencing on timelines.
Do - Reading scriptures
- ICT; design newspaper report/template