Our Lady & St Anne's Cadzow
The mission of Cadzow was erected in July, 1883, and put under the charge of Rev.Emile De Backer. It was made up of territory cut off from the two neighbouring missions of Hamilton and Larkhall. Fr. De Backer built a chapel-school, which was opened on the 7th September, 1884, the sermon being preached by the present Archbishop [ Maguire]. At the time the school average attendance was 154. The Rev. Louis Be Backer took charge in 1887, and he was succeeded in 1891 by the Rev. Thomas Kerr. During the incumbency of the Rev. William McAvoy, who was appointed in 1895, a great development took place, as appears from the increase in the school average attendance, viz. 208 in 1896, 268 in 1900, and 309 in 1903. Fr. McAvoy erected a temporary church, which was opened on the 10th November, 1903. He also executed extensive repairs on the other mission buildings, which had been damaged owing to underground subsidence of mines. The present pastor, the Rev. Peter McConnachie, entered upon the charge in 1903.