Burnbank Mission was cut off from that of Hamilton in 1893, the first resident priest being the Rev. Peter Muller. An acre of ground had been secured, on which were built a chapel-school and a presbytery. The opening took place on the let October, 1893, the present Archbishop [Maguire] preaching on the occasion. In 1900 the Rev. Duncan Brown took charge, and owing to the increase of work he obtained an assistant in 1904. In 1896 the school average attendance was 215, and 367 in 1906.