Bishop Toal shares the following messages of congratulations
- Last Tuesday, the Feast of St John Vianney, I instituted Christopher Morris, one of our seminarians, as a lector. This was postponed in March as Oscott closed a few days before it was due to take place in the College. I congratulate Christopher on receiving the ministry, and ask your continued prayers for him and our other seminarians.
- Canon Willie Dunnachie will celebrate his 80th birthday this week, so I pass on our best wishes to him. I recognise that recent months have been difficult for our elderly priests and it is important to remember them and keep contact with them when possible.
- Sr Joseph of the Poor Clares’ Monastery, Bothwell, is to celebrate her Golden Jubilee of Religious Profession on Saturday, August 15th. I extend our warmest congratulation to Sr Joseph and pray for her and her sisters in the monastery. Mass will be celebrated in St Bride’s to mark this special anniversary on Saturday at 11am
- Fr Kenneth O’Brien has successfully completed the second year of his Licence in Canon Law through St Paul’s University in Ottawa. He has a further two years of study to complete the Licence and has chosen to do his thesis on The Priest as Steward.. We wish Fr Kenny well for the rest of his course.
- Fr Paul Denney has been appointed by the bishops to the Editorial Board for the Preparation of the New Lectionary. Since we have chosen to work with England and Wales on the Lectionary we were asked to provide a Scottish Member for the Editorial Board and Fr Paul has accepted this important work.