Bishop Toal has announced the following appointments of Secondary School Chaplains:
• Fr Colin Hughes has become the Priest Chaplain at Holy Cross HS, Hamilton, to be assisted by Deacon Colum Martin. This is in succession to Fr Philip Marsh of the Holy Ghost Fathers. We thank Fr Marsh for his time as School Chaplain at Holy Cross, which he enjoyed very much despite the restrictions of the last couple of years. We thank Fr Hughes for taking on the role and hope that Deacon Colum will get plenty of opportunity to minister in the School also.
• Fr Frank Dougan, Parish Priest of Our Lady of Lourdes, has become the Lead Chaplain at St Andrew’s and St Bride’s HS, East Kilbride. He will be assisted by Fr Romanus Enninya, Administrator of St Vincent de Paul’s, and the other local clergy. We thank Fr Sean Wylie for his time as Chaplain in St Andrew’s and St Bride’s, and Fr Dougan for taking on the school ministry.
• It was agreed previously that Fr Kieran Hamilton, Parish Priest of St Brendan’s, would be Chaplain at Our Lady’s HS and this will now become fully effective. We thank Fr Kieran for his ministry as Chaplain at St Aidan’s HS, Wishaw, for the last three years.
• Fr Nathaniel, a Holy Ghost Fathers who will be a member of the Carfin Community, has agreed to be the School Chaplain at St Aidan’s and will begin his ministry there in August after the holidays. We welcome Fr Nathaniel and thank the Holy Ghost Fathers for continuing to provide a priest for Secondary School Chaplaincy.
In other appointments:
• Deacon Alan Brown is appointed to St Ignatius’, Wishaw, and St Bridget’s, Newmains. We wish him well in these parishes after his ministry in St John the Baptist’s, Uddingston.
• Deacon Colum Martin has now completed his time in Seminary and will continue his formation for Ordination to the Priesthood in the Diocese. His diaconal parish appointment will be in St John the Baptist’s, Uddingston and this will be from the beginning of September.