P6 - Humanity and Sexuality
These exemplar narratives follow the core learning chosen by the Holy Cross cluster group/working group and contained in the diocesan planning exemplars:
P6 Humanity and Sexuality short version (click to open)
P6 Humanity and Sexuality long version (click to open)
Exemplar narrative 1
St Andrew's cluster meeting P6 group
- Adam and Eve bible story: discussion and reflection, mediation. Emphasise that this is a creation story.
- Make a storyboard
- Changing spiritually (day 1), emotionally (day 2), physically (day 3)
- How do you you know you are changing in these ways?
- Sacraments - the fifth sacrament which most people receive, underline as an outward sign to the wider community of the importance of union of man and woman. This union is for life to create family.
- Explore significance of the rings
(Editor note: some good work could also be done on the complimentarity of men and women and co-operation between boys and girls in class and elsewhere. Education for Love should also help, especially when it is updated)