P6 - Saints/Witness/Ministry
These exemplar narratives follow the core learning chosen by the Holy Cross cluster group/working group and contained in the diocesan planning exemplars:
P6 Suffering short version (click to open)
P6 Suffering long version (click to open)
Click here for a podcast, aimed at teachers, about how God creates in Genesis 1-2
Click here for a podcast, aimed at teachers, about Liturgical time and Sacred time in Genesis
Click to hear a podcast, aimed at teachers, about Mission in the Church
Click here for a podcast, aimed at teachers, about Naming in the Book of Genesis
Exemplar narrative 1:
St. Aidan's Cluster meeting P6 group
- Week 1: Focus on Suffering in the Bible
- Session 1: Bible search - locate specific passages on suffering. Do in groups, then report back to class. (Approx 4 groups)
- Session 2: Explore meaning of passages. Link to ourselves. Children to explore further through role-play.
- Session 3: Children present role plays to class. Children choose one scene to write
about and draw in jotters (not their own scene).
-Week 2: The Saints and Martyrs
- Session 1: Prior to this session, children to research saints using ICT.
Drama - prepare scene on chosen saint in groups.
-Session 2: Prepare a Biography of Saint - main details of life, how suffered.
-Session 3: Discuss how this relates to their own lives. Plenary.
-Week 3: Charity and Helping those who Suffer
- Poor in world.