P2 - Eastertide
These exemplar narratives follow the core learning chosen by St Aidan's cluster group/working group and contained in the diocesan planning exemplars:
P2 Eastertide short version (click to open)
P2 Eastertide long version (click to open)
Exemplar narrative 1:
Trinity learning community meeting working group
- visit the church - explore liturgical colours
- interview parish priest - question and answer
- change class altar to all white -invite children to bring in something white to display on/near the altar/help dress the altar (material/card?)
- build a cross - children can attach a speech bubble/cloud to show how they show love/know Jesus loves them
- read, share and discuss children's bible story
- read John 21/John 20 - devise drama linked to these
- create storyboards (groups/pair)
- discuss important celebrations in our lives e.g. birthdays etc
- children could create a family tree of their own after discussion of Jesus and his family
Write: Colour in vestments - match to time of the Church year.
Paired learning - sequence of Easter story - making a folded card.
Write/draw family celebration.
Say: Discuss questions and video interview with parish priest.
Listen to appropriate bible story and discuss.
Circle time discussion of family celebrations.
Make: Collage of how children show love/know Jesus - a patchwork of their speech bubbles
Paint eggs and egg rolling - being able to explain the origin of this tradition
Do: Independently dress class altar - white
Collaborative learing - compile a short Easter dramach and school.
Exemplar narrative 2: St Aidan's Cluster Group Meeting
- Dress class altar in white and ask children to bring something white to display on the altar (Re-visit Liturgical Colours)
- wall display - Cross made up of Lenten promises.
- Painting stones to represent tomb (gather from outside)
- New life (Spring) - baby chicks, lambs etc. (Art & design)
- Easter songs.
- Three different colours of pipe cleaners - children entwine them to make a cross - each represent - Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
- Story of Easter Sunday - sequencing pictures and writing about it.
- read the Bible stories about what happened after Jesus rose from the dead. (Meeting the two travellers and breaking bread etc.)
- Reflectiion - co-op learning - different celebrations(neat poster with celebrations on it with pictures)
- Draw a picture of how your family celebrate.
- Children design their own Easter Egg and Bonnet and have a parade.
- Dramatisation of Holy Thursday - Last Supper (Bread & Water) - Washing of the Feet.
- Discussion of good thief and the bad thief!
Write - Individual promises and add to the cross during prayer service
- Easter story.
Say - Easter songs
- Bible stories (recount)
- Celebration poster.
Make - Painting stones to represent the tomb
- Pipe cleaner cross
- Celebration poster.
Do - New life, baby chicks
- Story of Easter Sunday, sequencing.