P5 - Healing: Jesus and the Sacraments
These exemplar narratives follow the core learning chosen by the Trinity and the St Ambrose cluster group/working group and contained in the diocesan planning exemplars:
P5 Healing short version (click to open)
P5 Healing long version (click to open)
Exemplar narrative 1:
St Margaret's cluster meeting P5 group
- Thought shower: “What is a miracle?” “What miracles have you heard of?”
- Form co-operative learning groups, each group explore one of the healing miracles – choose media to present to whole class
- Modern-day healers, brief discussion – same co-operative learning groups research using ICT
- Group write reports – present to class
- Whole-class lesson, discussion of sacraments with emphasis on healing sacraments
- Visit from Parish Priest to explain Anointing of the Sick
- Reconciliation as a spiritual healing: ‘Wipe clean’ activity to show forgiveness of sins using whiteboard
- write prayers of petition and thank-you prayers
- Class go to Sacrament of Reconciliation – prayer service at which children read out their prayers of petition, especially for the sick
Assessment Ideas: 1
Write: Report - Features, Style, Content.
Say: Discuss prior knowledge of miracles, stories - biblical.
Present findings to class (ppt.).
Discuss Sacrament of Reconciliation (healing focus)
Make: Create thought shower.
Make ppt. presentation.
Do: Prayer Service.
Drama - Choose a miracle.
Assessment Ideas: 2
Write: Report on healing miracles.
Write prayers in response to discussions.
Say: Thought shower.
Co-op research and presentation of healing miracles.
Class discussion on healing miracles and through Sacraments.
Share prayers with others.
Make: Make prayer cards/books to display or share at Reconciliation service.
film/Video of photos or images to show their response and understanding
Do: Co-op research on miracles and presentation to class.
Wipe clean sin activity (Whiteboards)
Share prayers at Reconciliation service(s).