P3 - Other World Religions
These exemplar narratives follow the core learning chosen by the Taylor and Northern cluster groups/working groups and contained in the diocesan planning exemplars:
P3 OWR short version (click to open)
P3 OWR long version (click to open)
Exemplar narrative 1:
Holy Cross cluster meeting working group
Some possible activities:
- Invite Jewish person from the community if possible
- If possible, visit Synagogue in Glasgow
- Virtual tour of synagogue/mosque/church to compare and contrast
- Art/craft: prayer shawls, scrolls, other artefacts
- Celebrate Passover
- Investigate scriptural use of ‘synagogue’ – Jesus as a child/adult
- Special celebrations and traditions for children e.g. Bar Mitzvah
- Jews in the media (awareness)
(Editor: these great activities go beyond the core learning for P3 and could also prove useful for other stages)
Exemplar Narrative 2:
St Aidan's Cluster Group Meeting
- Read the story of Creation - with powerpoint presentation (TES/Top Marks).
- Sequence/Storyboard/Comic Strip - 7 Days.
- Discuss Jesus' family - Jewish Family traditions. Similarities between our family life/Jewish family life.
- Compare Jewish/Christian traditions e.g. Bible - Torah - Church - Synagogue
- Hebrew writing (Alive O) - Make a scroll.
- Discussion - Jesus read from psalms/prophets - Read a few examples.
Write - Storyboard captions/pictures
- Similarities/differences between our and Jewish family life.
Say - Sing Jewish song from Alive-O
- Jewish prayer.
Make - Scroll
- Jewish food plate
- Jewish Artefact (homework task).
Do - Read Psalms
- Drama, reading a scroll/Torah.