P7 - Other World Religions
These exemplar narratives follow the core learning chosen by the John Ogilvie cluster group/working group, and the Our Lady's/Cardinal Newman cluster group/working group and contained in the diocesan planning exemplars:
P7 OWR short version (click to open)
P7 OWR long version (click to open)
Exemplar narrative 1:
Cardinal Newman Cluster meeting P7 group
- Revise the 10 commandments + story of Moses (download from Instant Display website )
-Create their own commandments - relative to their own lives
-Internet (Library research on passover)
-Class display of artefacts and symbols
-Drama -recreate the passover meal - references from the Bible
-Internet/library research on Hannukkah - Feast of Light
-Drama -recreate story - read story from sections in the Bible
-Talk from Rabbi/visit to synagogue
-Link to P7 Holy Week
- Diocese of Motherwell OWR Boooklets
- Places of Worship -CD Rom
- Non-Fiction Library Books
Write - Write own commandments
- Create information facts
- Drama script
- Notes on passover
- Create a visualiser following visit to synagogue.
Say - Discuss own commandments and be able to explain
- Present findings from visit to group/class.
Make - Make models of artefacts related
- Tablets of stone with 10 commandments/class rules.
- Artefacts and symbols.
Do - Compare similarities/differences between Judaism and Christianity
- Research Bible stories
- Research passover
- Act out the passover
- Research Hannukkah
- Recreate Feast of Light
- Visit to Synagogue.