P7 - Scottish/Celtic Faith & Heritage
These exemplar narratives follow the core learning chosen by the John Ogilvie cluster group/working group, and the Our Lady's/Cardinal Newman cluster group/working group and contained in the diocesan planning exemplars:
P7 Faith heritage short version (click to open)
P7 Faith heritage long version (click to open)
Exemplar narrative 1:
St. Ambrose cluster
5 Scottish/Celtic faith challenges in co-operative groups/homework:
- Mark on the map five places (seats) of learning
- Create the first word from an illuminated manuscript.
- In a group learn a Taize chant
- Listen to the story of Br. Roger of Taize, discuss his character.
- Stained glass depicting the daily tasks of a monk.
- Write a diary entry for a monk in a Scottish Abbey from the ancient past.
- Meditate as a class on the mission of (listen) St. Therese of Lisieux.
- Compare the mission of St. Therese of Lisieux with a modern prayer mission -Sciaf, missio etc. (discuss/talk)
- Timeline for Scottish ancient universities: St. Andrews, Glasgow, Aberdeen, choose one and include five major events from when the university was founded.
Report these back to the class and discuss